Security Innovation Of The Year
The installation of these products must have taken place since 1 January 2021 and the products must have been launched no earlier than 1 January 2021. Any products or services launched prior to this date are not eligible for entry.
Key tips for your entry
1. Keep information simple
Please keep your sentences short and easy to understand. Not all of the judges are technical experts so please don’t assume they will know acronyms or technical lingo. Simply submit your text in language that is clear, precise and simplistically highlights the merits for its submission.
2. Product must be new
We will disqualify any entry that was launched prior to 1 January 2021 so please ensure that your entry meets this criteria or it will not be accepted. Your product must have been successfully installed no earlier than 1 January 2021. If it is found to have been installed prior to that date you will be disqualified.
3. You do not have to be a customer of Western Business Media or a member of the Fire Industry Association to be eligible to enter the awards.
4. Provide detail about the performance of the product/service
The judges need to know the product, service or implemented installation or project is fit for purpose. There is no need to supply full test evidence if there is commercial sensitivity issues, however performance claims need to be backed up with evidence.
5. Legal proceedings
If your company has been subject to any prosecution in relation to security law since 1 January 2021, or has been subject to any enforcement notices, then your entry will automatically be disqualified.
The following entry questions are to be used for all the Product categories below:
1. Product Name
2. Product Website
3. Product Description (max 50 words)
4. Product Launch Date For Products / Services:
5. In no more than 250 words, explain why the product or service was developed and its potential use. The product or service must have been introduced after 01 January 2021 to qualify
6. In no more than 250 words, tell us why your product is innovative and how it differs from other products in the market.
7. In no more than 250 words, explain the supposed benefit(s) of using this product or service (eg commercial, installation time, performance or other benefits)
8. In no more than 50 words, please write a product profile/summary. This will be used for the judging panel as well as for publicity purposes on the Awards night.