Fire Safety Manager Of The Year
This category is designed to recognise a fire safety manager who made a significant contribution to the implementation or enhancement of fire safety standards within either their own or a client organisation. They must also have made a significant contribution to the introduction and promotion of fire safety since 1 January 2020.
Any personal accomplishments prior to this date are not relevant and will not be eligible for entry.
Key tips for your entry
1. Keep information simple
Please keep your sentences short and easy to understand. Not all of the judges are technical experts so please don’t assume they will know acronyms or technical lingo. Simply submit your text in language that is clear, precise and simplistically highlights the merits for its submission.
2. Adhere to time period We will disqualify any entry that nominates an individual who has made a direct impact on your business or partner organisation, in relation to fire safety post 1 January 2020.
3. You do not have to be a Fire Industry Association member or a client of Western Business Media to be eligible to enter the awards.
4. Provide detail about the performance of the individual
The judges need to know details on how the individual has made a positive impact within an organisation or partner organisation. Please provide verifiable evidence that their contribution has directly resulted in significant improvements to fire safety of persons or premises.
5. Legal proceedings
If your company has been subject to any prosecution in relation to fire safety law or health and safety law since 1 January 2020, or has been subject to any enforcement notices, then your entry will automatically be disqualified.
The following entry questions are to be used for the fire safety manager of the year category below:
- Nominee Name
- Company Website
- Nominee Job Title
- Nominee Job Description (max 50 words)
- In no more than 250 words, please describe how the nominated person effectively manages fire safety
- In no more than 250 words, please give details of any innovations in business process, standards or implementation of equipment that have been implemented by the manager since 1 January 2028 and list the benefits derived from them
- In no more than 250 words, please describe how the manager has demonstrated leadership/participation in fire safety over a sustained period of time.
- In no more than 250 words, please outline what sets this individual apart from his/her peers in relation to fire safety
- In no more than 50 words, please write a profile of the individual and why they are deserving of the nomination. This will be used for the judging panel as well as for publicity purposes on the Awards night